Thursday, April 06, 2006

Live, Love, Laugh, Liquor.


There... I can do alliteration too, till the cows come home and beyond. I am sure I had an awful lot to write about today, but I just cannot, for all the life in me, remember what. Oh well, I shall just have to bore you with more of my incessant babble. Sorry guys! I overslept this morning, which was a bit annoying, as I lost a whole hours potential working time! Also, when I did get up, at 10.30, and had a shower, I discovered that our shower knob is broken... you can turn it on okay, but once its on (and at an almost unbearably scalding temperature) you can't turn it off, the knob just comes off. Oh dear. Then I discovered the pliers... yes people, I had to use pliers to turn off the shower. Seriously, what with no Aga, no water between the hours of 9 and 4, and no working shower, I begin to worry about the state of my house. The car too, has to go to the Garage tomorrow as it's broken. Its not good, people, not good at all!

I went for a lovely walk today. I know I go for a walk everyday, but today was special... I went unusually late, and went a different route to normal. This really paid off, as on my way I got to see a beautiful late evening golden sun, deer, and buzzards. Fantastic! Sometimes I really love living in the countryside.

I'm sure I had some interesting and poignant thoughts to discuss in todays blog, but sadly my memory fails me... It's strange that... it always used to be long term memory I had the problem with, whole chunks of my childhood missing... but then I probably just didn't want to remember them. As I grow older, I remember more of my history, but less of my immediate past...

Strange. But then that's exactly what I am.

That's enough for today, bye bye my dears, stay safe, love to one and all, xxx

6 comments:

Tim aka 'pigeon boy' said...

that just about sums up my stereotypical view of life in devon. Backward, but it looks nice!
Hope you have more luck trying to work your shower/aga/car/kettle/knob.

vix said...

Thanks, Tim! And yes, devon can be VERY backward. But it's beautiful... you should all come visit!

Emmie-lou said...

Wow...It sounds worse than teh state of my house! Bad!!

wenstumped said...

Well! Atleast your plumbing abilities shall improve. If you ever wanted them to! Could you try to post a few pictures of the country? I really would like to see it. It sounds super!

Emmie-lou said...

I love liquor...

vix said...

I will try and get some pics up of Devon in the next few days, but my camera is broken, so it might be difficult!