Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lots of catching up to do...

So it's aaaaaaaaaaaages since my last post, and I have reached the stage where I can't be bothered to post, as I have to go over what has happened in the past few weeks since the 22nd March...

But I shall try... First, my birthday was awesome, so thanks to all of you who made it so... had a yummy chinese lunch and lots and lots of vodka with family guy and a couple coctails out in the afternoon/evening... generally a chilled out birthday, but good fun. So yay! Presents always good too, hehehe.

Which leads me smoothly onto Prague, part of which was a present for my birthday from my family, very nice of them indeed. Anyway, Prague was.... fantastic... and I'm sure many of you who read this have by now received my dreadful, scrawnily, illegibly and incomprehensibly written postcards... I do apologise, and can only claim that fact that they were writted after a night of one too many cocktails at Zulu (the best bar in Prague, with generous servings and low, low prices), and literally no sleep all night long (instead we went for a posh breakfast at Cafe Louvre, which involved hot chocolate that was actually just melted chocolate in a cup, and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.... yummy). Anyway... so apologies! But yes, Prague was brrrrrilliant (extra ice etc etc), and I feel I have fully embraced Cafe Culture...

Not so sure about the topless play we went to see though... hrmmmn... and now it sounds worse than it was, but I shall leave you to ponder!

Anyway, when I got back to Durham I had a brief interlude which involved rowing boats, Ellie and her brother, and being cooked for by Tom and Jenn. Also good! Then, on Thursday I came home to the sunny, sunny land of Devon, which has been trully wonderful, seeing my family again and enjoying their company. Yesterday was spent somewhat lazily, enjoying Monopoly and card games and the sunshine... today was a bit more exciting... we went to a castle at Dunster (there are loads of castles in Devon, but this was in Somerset and particularly nice), walked around the amazing building, saw the pretty grounds, ate a yummy lunch and generally enjoyed feeling touristy and familyyy and just nice. So yay!

There... a brief account of my past few weeks...

I hope that all of you have had equally enjoyable times, and that I will soon get a chance to catch up with y'all... alas, my laptop is still AWOL, and forecast is not good.

But, not to leave on a sad note... Happy Easter! and Speak Soon! Love, xxx

No comments: