Sunday, July 02, 2006

Thoughts etc

It is days like today that help me believe in the presence of a 'higher power', an 'eternal lifeforce'... in God. I started the day at 5am watching nature's brute force in a fierce and explosive thunderstorm. With each blinding flash of lightning, and each deafening roar of thunder, I was reminded of my insignificance, my mortality... and the extraordinary power of the earth, the weather and all these other things over which we have no control.

Another thing today has been the strength and incredible bond that a family can share in the face of adversity... whether that be finding something to smile about, together, in the face of devestation, poverty or tragedy... or on a simpler scale, such as today. My Granny, who is not well or strong, has made a difficult and heart-rending journey from the house she has lived in for the past 39 years, to a home nearer to us, down in Torquay (50 mins away). I cannot even begin to imagine the pain she is feeling (leaving behind so many of her posessions, memories... and her last link to her husband, my grandfather). All that I can do is my very best to be there for her, for my mum and my Aunt, as they work to make this transition as smooth as is possible. Today I watched as my family rallied round, helped one another and generally stuck together- through, and despite, all the minor grievances and annoyances we can only expect with a family of an age range from 6 to 84. I love my family... and hope that I will always be there for them when they need me.

Thirdly, today I have spent quite a good deal of my time outside, 'with nature' if you like, just listening to its sounds, and observing its obscurities. I really feel in awe of the intricate workings of life. I feel connected to it all too... through my very being alive, living upon this planet, breathing the same air as, and affecting, in my own way, everything. I am... just through being here, either as observer or through action... part of it; past, present and future.

It is astounding, and I love it. And I am thankfull for it all.

Love, xxx

P.S. Sorry to make you read all that ramble... feel free to hit me... I probably don't even make any sense... was just feeling pondersome.

2 comments:

Tim aka 'pigeon boy' said...

hmmm a very interesting and thoughtful blog. Hope everything goes alright within your family over the next few days/weeks.

Tim x

Emmie-lou said...

wow...very deep!